The Heart is a Muscle.

Yes.
The Heart is a muscle.
In biological terms, the heart's main function is to pump blood through it's veins and ventricles, and that is how oxiginated blood flows through our body, it touches the tip of our nails and ends till the last stand of our hair.

We know this, don't we?
We know that the heart beat is essential for living.
We know it's important for our survival.
We know it's just doing it's job, until it tires out and we cease.
We know that the body will return to the dust, when the muscle is exhausted.

Despite knowing enough to reason with logic, we do not know how it's possible to ache.

We cannot reason why the muscle aches?
We cannot fathom the exhaustion in our heart.
We cannot reason why sometimes we wish it just stopped.
We cannot unleash the gutting pain we go through.

We cannot understand why we are overflowing with joy.
We reason that the pain • Joy • Guilt • Hate • Love • Hesitation comes in from the heart. Deep inside.

"But wait. Isn't the heart just a muscle?"

Why do we associate a person or our world of many people with the heart?
Why do we feel betrayal in the heart and not in the mind?
Why do we feel love in the heart and not in the mind?
Why do we strongly dislike someone or something from our heart?

Why are we so adamant with the decisions concerning the matters of the heart?
Why can we not trust this heart as just a muscle?

Why can I not trust this muscle just as a muscle?

I do not why I clutch my heart, when it feels heavy inside.
I do not know how I carry myself, when I am staggering to just breathe ;
I do not know why it feels like the world around me is shaking when I am on my knees crying and breaking, letting go, holding on.
I do not know why it's placed right under my chest and have it gaurded by a cage?

Is it because the heart is the start of LIFE & the END as well?

Someone tell me why?
Someone scream out why?

Why can we not feel the heart as just a muscle?
Why can I not feel the heart as just a muscle?

- Mercy Jade

Comments

  1. Great to see you writing again, lovely thoughts and they way you put out the questions, only if someone had the answers. Looking forward to reading more from you, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to read !

      Delete
  2. Heart warming thought Mercy loved reading it!!!





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment