The story of JANE & LUKE

This is the beginning of a story that could make you feel everything or nothing at all. No reader reads the same story. EVER.

And so it all began that fateful day.
Jane was the ideal girl - a parent, a friend could find. She had long hair - blackened to perfection. Her scent was that of summer - Always and forever wild. She was fairly good looking. On some mornings she was indeed bursting with bliss for reasons only she knew. Jane was everything i ever could be in need of. She was shy though (only in front of strangers)
She was oozing with an enthusiasm that I dared to hate each day when I saw her laughing in the hallway. When I bumped into her, I caught a glimpse of her face. Oval and smooth skin. She had an aura of sophistication. She seemed so out of my league.
She didn't have any impact on my life for I knew I didn't exist in her world. I never spoke to her. I rather made my existence un-noticeable. For reasons I didn't want to understand Jane made me feel awful.
She made me feel like she deserves so much more than what I am now. I didn't have any ideas of ever confessing what I felt. Or as to even start a friendship with her.

She made me feel not good enough. And I didn't like how she made me feel and I can't hate her because she doesn't know. My days are not exciting. They stay the same. Routine like. I have a people to talk to. I can hang out. I have a family. I eat and roam around places which I have never visited. That's just me. That's just how you could define - LUKE.

Continuing with what happened - that day I saw Jane. She was standing amongst her group of friends. I felt as though even while standing with them she was in her own thoughts. Entirely lost. Making decisions in her head. Thinking. Processing something. She was thinking hard about something. I didn't know what. We were done with all our classes so I did stand around to see if she was going to walk to the bus stop alone or with the gang.(Their gang is very noisy by the way.)

I must agree that I have followed her to the bus stop only to try and strike a conversation and I have failed almost all the time.
So I know the route she takes. I know the floors her classes go on. I know she dresses up different each day. I know she loves black color the most. I know she makes sounds when she is drinking coffee. I know she gulps Fruit Juices. I know that she loves melted chocolates. She has a habit of using her fingers to pick the melted chocolate and roll them up quickly so that they don't slip and fall. She inserts her chocolate dipped finger inside her mouth and closes her eyes just to feel it entirely. I know I sound like a stalker but it's something that I have gotten used to. I know how fierce she can get. I have heard how she swears too.

But there is something about her that makes her feel so mysterious. She is out going and fun but she isn't an extrovert. When certain things come up she seems entirely strange to me. On that day I found out why. I've always felt like there are lot of things appearances don't say. And Jane wasn't the perfect girl I thought she was.

I am guessing she had finished her time with her friends and started off to the bus stop. She held her bag across her shoulder and took a handful of chocolates only to count them and keep them back in the bag. She picked one chocolate and popped inside her mouth. She walked at a medium pace. I walked carefully as not to get noticed by her or my friends or my classmates or my teachers and by people who I may run into.

As Jane was walking. I followed. We headed to the bus stop. Not together of course. I'm still following her from behind. Sometimes beside and occasionally ahead. Suddenly she stopped walking. She looked intently at a face standing at a lamp post near the intersection ahead. She was held back for a moment I guess. But she didn't seem to move at all. She stood there. She was on the pavement so there was no issue of safety. But she still hadn't moved. She looked down. She gripped her palm. She muttered something to herself and she was lifting her head up. Her breath felt heavy. Her feet pinned to the ground. She struck an eye contact and started towards the bus stop. I never had seen the other person who made Jane like that. Jane paced her steps this time.Faster with each step. I felt as though She was on a mission to complete something ! But what!?




Comments

  1. Comment below if you want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awaiting..!! Kudos on a work well done..!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love d way u build up d interest. Surely looking forward to d next part of the story, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its interesting and looks like a romantic, one curious about nxt part!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to know what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment